Are you wondering what integrated care will look like when the Health and Care White Paper proposals become a reality? Few are better placed than Dr John Ribchester to inform us. Dr Ribchester is a GP and Clinical Director of Whitstable Primary Care Network (PCN) in Kent and has led development of an integrated service that represents many of the desired endpoints of the White Paper changes. He will be joining Tom Clarke (Director, Mtech Access) on Friday 26th February at 2.00pm for our live webinar: ‘The White Paper and integrated care in the NHS: what it really means in practice for clinicians, patients and us’.
In our February #WhispersWordsofWisdom webinar, Tom Clarke will be joined by Dr John Ribchester to explore how integrated care can work in practice, the future of out of hospital care and how the Government’s new proposals may change healthcare services.
The UK Government’s Health and Care White Paper was published on 11th February. The text sets out a major proposed reorganisation of the NHS in England that is largely in line with recent NHS policies around integration, consolidation and control.
Dr Ribchester has consistently been at the forefront of innovative NHS models of care for some 30 years. At his Whitstable practice, he leads a model of care that breaks down hospital, community and primary care boundaries. In many ways it represents the endpoint that all others in the NHS aspire to achieve. That is why Sir Simon Stevens launched the “Five Year Forward View” from Dr Ribchester’s site in Kent.
We know of no-one better qualified to describe where the NHS is heading and to demystify the language of integration, consolidation, place, population health, and everything else that is new.
Dr Ribchester is regularly considered one of our most inspirational speakers because he talks from experience of having led transformation to integrated care. You can expect to gain insight of case examples covering medicines, devices, diagnostics and services of all kinds.
We are excited to welcome Dr Ribchester to the Whispers’ Words of Wisdom webinar series.
We invite you to put your questions to Dr Ribchester in this session. Please suggest a question when you register or email your suggestions to email@example.com. Register now to join us for the webinar.
If you cannot attend the webinar but would like to know more, please register nonetheless, as all registrants will receive a recording of the webinar.
The webinar is free and is open to all market access, patient access, field-based, and other healthcare professional‑facing teams in pharmaceutical and medtech companies. Some colleagues from the NHS and other organisations may attend at the discretion of Mtech Access. Several NHS guests have joined us for recent webinars, welcoming the opportunity to learn from their peers from other parts of the country and different areas of the NHS.
This webinar forms part of our monthly Whispers’ Words of Wisdom series, in which we have in‑depth, comprehensive conversations with senior colleagues from the NHS. We explore what their immediate priorities are, what they see as the greatest challenges currently faced by the NHS, and how the NHS might respond to these challenges.
Our previous webinars are now available on demand:
- January 2021: ‘Heads at heart of the NHS: How mental health is central to everything in the new NHS’ with guest speaker Brent Kilmurray (Chief Executive of Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust)
- December 2020: ‘Pharmacy and Medicines in the Integrated Care Systems (ICS) of the new NHS’ with guest speaker Laura Angus (Interim Lead Pharmacist, Humber Coast and Vale ICS)
- November 2020: ‘Is prevention better than the cure? How can the NHS and public health work closer to improve population health?’ with guest speaker Dr Peter Brambleby (Independent Public Health Consultant)
- October 2020: ‘Understanding the tipping point: when elective becomes selective in NHS surgery’ with guest speaker Simon Parsons (Divisional Director of Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust)
- September 2020: ‘Leading within an evolving, integrating system: Insights from an NHS leader’ with guest speaker: Deborah Lee (CEO of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust)
- August 2020: ‘ICS: Separating Fact from Myth: Insights from a System Leader’ with guest speaker: Dr Claire Fuller (Senior Responsible Officer at Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership)
- July 2020: ‘The Evolving NHS: Lessons for Pharma and Medtech’ a discussion between Tom Clarke and David Thorne (Directors, Mtech Access)