Founded in 2015, Mtech Access is a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, Manchester, York, Newcastle and Cambridge. We deliver Evidence and Value services hand-in-hand with innovative Digital solutions. We are one team, with one vision – to improve how value is communicated so patients get access to the treatments they need.
Our core services include, value proposition development, health economic modelling and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
The Role & Responsibilities:
With the continued development and growth of the business, we are now looking for a Senior Health Economist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team oriented and hands-on in a varied role. This is a permanent, full-time position and the successful candidate can be based in our offices in either Cambridge, Manchester, Newcastle, York or Bicester.
Responsibilities of the role would include developing cost-effectiveness and budget impact tools to demonstrate the impact to the patient/payer/provider when a new health technology (e.g. a drug, device or diagnostic technique) is used to replace existing technologies, by comparing the costs and benefits.
In a consultancy environment each project is unique but generally a health economist would be expected to:
- Research a disease area and understand the current treatment landscape
- Analyse efficacy and safety data using results published in journal articles, patient level data from clinical trials or real world data from disease registries
- Identify limitations with current health technologies and any unmet need then identify/utilise the value proposition for the new technology to address these issues
- Develop a model of the disease and the relevant health technologies
- Models types may include Markov models, multi-state models, partitioned survival models and discrete event simulation
- Find resource use and costs and quality-of-life data to populate the model
- Be able to explain what has been done and interpret the results in presentations and written documentation
- Produce supporting documentation for models such as technical reports, business cases, user guides, posters and manuscripts
- Producing documents support submissions to reimbursement bodies such as the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) or the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) that assess the cost-effectiveness and budget impact of new health technologies
- Train client payer facing teams to use the developed budget impact models
- Working with our designers and programmers to create fully programmed digital versions of models produced
- Willingness to support and mentor less experienced colleagues
- A degree or equivalent in economics or statistics and ideally a postgraduate degree or equivalent in Health Economics, or any related domain
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in health economics (either HEOR consultancy or the pharmaceutical industry)
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Highly autonomous with excellent communication skills both written and spoken (English)
- Highly motivated team player with an outstanding eye for detail and quality
- Knowledge of statistical analysis/modelling software such as SAS, STATA, VBA or R would be an advantage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- 5% Employer pension contributions
- 25 days holiday exc. Bank Holidays
- Your Birthday off
- An additional 3 days paid leave also known as ‘Privilege Days’ at Christmas time
- Subsidised Group Private Healthcare
- Death-in-service benefit
- Onsite healthy treats
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply here’ button below to attach your CV and cover letter.