About Mtech Access:
Founded in 2015, we are Mtech Access, a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, Manchester, York, Newcastle and Cambridge. We deliver Evidence and Value services hand-in-hand with innovative Digital solutions. We are one team, with one vision – to improve how value is communicated so patients get access to the treatments they need.
Our core services include, value proposition development, health economic modelling and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated editor to join our friendly team at Mtech Access, with a desire to help create, shape and lead an editing function to support the whole business. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team oriented and hands-on in a varied role.
Working with the Director of Medical Writing, you will have responsibility for the editing of a wide variety of market access deliverables, ensuring that the highest levels of quality standards are maintained for our clients. You will apply your expertise across a varied range of therapeutic areas, working in a dynamic, supportive environment. You will be making a valuable contribution to our continuing success by providing editorial support across the business and you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced colleagues with a range of skill sets, including writers, systematic review analysts, statisticians, health economists, developers and consultants. This is a permanent position that could be based in any of our offices.
- Working with the Director of Medical Writing, create, shape, and lead an editing function to support the whole business
- Develop and manage an optimum editing process, communicating effectively with colleagues
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained across a variety of market access deliverables, as generated by colleagues across our business, prior to client delivery
- Perform QC tasks, including proof-reading, formatting, presentation optimisation, editing, data and reference checking, for a variety of materials, in various formats (Word, PowerPoint, pdf, Excel)
- Compile reference packs
- Assist with Veeva PromoMats uploads
- Recruitment and line management of new editing team members would be anticipated in the future
As a talented editor, you will have:
- An honours science degree, preferably in the life sciences
- Previous editorial experience gained in healthcare communications, and ideally in market access
- Previous experience of managing other editors and/or editing processes, or a desire to take the next step in your career to help shape this new function
- Exceptional scientific editing and proofreading skills
- An eye for design and layout
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and bibliographic software, preferably EndNote. Knowledge of Veeva PromoMats would be beneficial.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability in your approach to your work
- A highly organised and structured approach to your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience of editing the following types of deliverable would be highly beneficial:
- Lengthy, evidence-based reports, such as HTA submissions, value dossiers, systematic literature review reports and regulatory documents
- Slide decks
- Abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for submission to peer-review journals
- Customer-facing market access materials, such as leave pieces and formulary packs
- Meeting materials and meeting reports
- Excel-based health economic models
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- 5% Employer pension contributions
- 25 days holiday exc. Bank Holidays
- Your Birthday off
- An additional 3 days leave as ‘Privilege Days’ at Christmas time
- Subsidised Group Private Healthcare
- Death-in-service benefit
- Onsite healthy treats
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply here’ button below to attach your CV and cover letter.