Founded in 2015, we are Mtech Access, a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, Manchester York, Newcastle and Cambridge. We deliver Evidence and Value services hand-in-hand with innovative Digital solutions. We are one team, with one vision – to improve how value is communicated so patients get access to the treatments they need.
Our core services include, value proposition development, health economic modelling and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
We are looking for an experienced medical writer, with a genuine interest in how healthcare innovation is communicated, to join our expanding market access team.
In this role, you will apply your scientific and writing expertise across a varied range of therapeutic areas, working in a dynamic, supportive, collaborative and fun environment. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced colleagues with a range of skill sets, including writers, systematic review analysts, statisticians, health economists, developers and consultants, and to play an active role in the continued growth of the company.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the lead writer within multi-disciplinary project teams; working with in-house technical teams, clients, external associates and third-party agencies to achieve project objectives
- Developing evidence based, fully-referenced content for HTA submissions, value propositions, value dossiers and other market access materials to set deadlines
- Communicating with colleagues and clients in a timely, transparent and knowledgeable manner, including the provision of strategic advice
- Contributing to the intellectual design, planning and organisation of projects
- Contributing to the development of project and quality processes and templates, and disseminating skills and knowledge amongst your colleagues
- Reviewing the written work of colleagues for quality, consistency, clarity and alignment with project scope
- Supervising in-house training of medical writers, e.g. through editing of written material
- Contributing to project management
- Minimum 2 years’ writing experience, gained within a consultancy environment
- A life sciences degree or equivalent qualification.
- A PhD obtained in life sciences would be highly desirable
- Experience in developing market access materials, including HTA submissions, value propositions and value dossiers
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and EndNote (or other bibliographic software)
- Proficient with Veeva PromoMats or similar approval platforms
- Proficient at basic research and literature reviews (basic knowledge of PubMed functions required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for internal (colleagues) and external (clients, co-authors, relevant experts, e.g. clinicians, health-economists) communications
- Team player, prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues to support the needs of the overall project team
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and structured approach to your work
- Able to identify and analyse problems, and offer solutions
- Able to grasp new information quickly
- Passion to learn and grow
- Prepared to work hard and exceed our clients’ expectations
- Able to manage time and prioritise deadlines
- Confidence to present to, and interact with, colleagues and clients, and at times challenge their decisions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- 5% Employer pension contributions
- 25 days holiday exc. Bank Holidays
- Your Birthday off
- An additional 3 days leave as ‘Privilege Days’ at Christmas time
- Subsidised Group Private Healthcare
- Death-in-service benefit
- Onsite healthy treats
Please note: This role can be based in any of our office locations: Bicester, Manchester, Cambridge, York or Newcastle
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply here’ button below to attach your CV and cover letter.