Mtech Access is a health economics and value communication consultancy that leverage the latest technologies to produce innovative digital stakeholder engagement tools and custom software solutions.
With ever-increasing pressure on available healthcare budgets worldwide, the need to demonstrate optimisation of health outcomes within a fixed budget is essential. Building a strong economic case for a new or existing healthcare intervention often makes the difference between achieving reimbursement or not.
Our expertise lies in our ability to develop sophisticated evidence-based clinical and economic arguments and translate them into effective value communication tools, maximising stakeholder engagement for our customers.
With an integrated team of health economists, medical writers, software developers and graphic designers, Mtech Access supports their life science customers through a range of market access and value communication initiatives; From value proposition development, iPad budget impact models & dynamic business cases to cloud-based analysis solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
Developing cost-effectiveness and budget impact to demonstrate the impact to the patient/payer/provider when a new health technology (e.g. a drug, device or diagnostic technique) is used to replace existing technologies, by comparing the costs and benefits. In a consultancy environment each project is unique but generally the health economist would be expected to:
- Research a disease area and understand the current treatment landscape.
- Analyse efficacy and safety data using results published in journal articles, patient level data from clinical trials or real world data from disease registries.
- Identify limitations with current health technologies and any unmet need then identify/utilise the value proposition for the new technology to address these issues.
- Develop a model of the disease and the relevant health technologies.
- Find resource use and costs and quality-of-life data to populate the model.
- Be able to explain what has been done and interpret the results in presentations and written documentation.
- Produce supporting documentation for models such as technical reports, business cases, user guides, posters and manuscripts
- Producing documents support submissions to reimbursement bodies such as the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) or the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) that assess the cost-effectiveness and budget impact of new health technologies.
- Train client payer facing teams to use the developed budget impact models.
- Working with our designers and programmers to create fully programmed digital versions of models produced.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in economics or statistics and ideally a post graduate MSc or Phd in Health Economics, or any related domain.
- 1 year of relevant industry experience in health economics (either HE&OR consultancy or the pharmaceutical industry).
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills Highly autonomous with excellent communication skills both written and spoken (English).
- Highly motivated team player with an outstanding eye for detail and quality.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis/modelling software such as SAS, STATA or R would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Country: United Kingdom Location: Bicester (OX26 4PP) Language: English
To apply please send your CV along with a short paragraph detailing why you are interested in the role and why you feel that you are suitable to email@example.com.